Monday, October 7, 2013

Hating on Obamacare

     I don’t know much about the Affordable Care Act, but I recently received a letter from my job about the health insurance they offer and the changes they made due to this act, which started to take place on Oct 1.  I didn't really have much time to look over the letter, but I should have since my parents insurance took me out because I passed the age limit.

    While skimming through The Texas insider I came across the article Obama Lied, My Health Plan Died by Michelle Malkin, who is known for her conservative blogs and work.  In the article she uses herself as an example and states that she is one of the 22 million Americans who have private insurance and have a wide variety of doctors to choose from, but now after October 1, she stated she cannot use her old doctor and that her insurance plan cannot be continued because of the new law Affordable Care Act. ACA also known as Obamacare is an act that will be fully go in effect on 2014, it is a new set of changes that will help improve our healthcare.  After Milkin explains her issue , she states how Obama has promised to help people keep their doctors and health plan if they wish,  and describes him as a “lier” who caused her health plan to die. Her Audience is people going through the same issue as her, people who lost their health plans due to the new rules.  Throughout the article she starts stating companies and people that face problems with the Obamacare.   You can conclude that Malkin is against the Obamacare because all she states is negative effects that will occur once the Obamacare takes in affect. Towards the end she is very clear and biased and states “Obamacare is destroying the private individual market for health insurance by design, not accident.”  According to me I do understand for her loss but I feel that she just too negative about this Obamacare and she just needs to give it time to sink in.




No comments: